7th Grade Reading Syllabus – Ms. Fields
Units of Study:
Supplies Needed by Students
Rules & Procedures
1) Be on time.
2) Be in assigned seats, unless otherwise given permission.
3) Be prepared with necessary materials.
4) Be respectful of your peers, their views, and their property.
5) Be considerate of the feelings of your peers. Bullying WILL NOT be tolerated.
6) The procedure for cell phones is they must be out of sight, inside of your zipped closed book bag.
1) You are expected to remain quiet and attentive when the teacher is talking and/or giving instruction.
2) You are expected to remain on topic and focused throughout the entirety of the class period.
3) You are expected to participate in classroom assignments and activities appropriately.
4) You are expected to be mindful of time and to plan accordingly.
5) You are expected to continue working until dismissed by the teacher. Let’s make the most of our class time!
1) Motivator – 10 Minutes – Students work silently (No one leaves the room)
2) Opening (I Do) – Students are listening and asking for clarification (No one leaves the room)
3) Work Period (We Do, You Do) – Students may talk on topic, also seeking clarification (May leave the room with pass)
4) Formative/Summative Assessments (We Check) – Students participate, individually (No one leaves the room)
5) Closing (We Check) – Students are listening (No one leaves the room)
Students will complete Achieve articles in class on Wednesday's or Friday's. Students will also be encouraged to work at on Achieve at home in order to improve scores.
It is the student’s responsibility to check for make-up work and see the teacher to complete the work. The student should return make-up work within 2 days of receiving it.
Late work will only be accepted up to 2 days following the original due date. The teacher will not continue to ask for late work beyond 2 days past the original due date. Therefore, late work will not be accepted for any credit past the 2 day period.
****There will at least 3 tests per 9 weeks grading period****
1st Offense – Conference with Ms. Fields
2nd Offense – Parent Contact
3rd Offense – Parent Conference, arranged through Guidance
4th Offense – Referral to Administration
Cell Phone Offense
All offenses will be documented in Infinite Campus.
Email with any questions or concerns: email@example.com